Thursday, February 7, 2013

Creamy Sweet-Potato Soup Recipe

 

♥ Creamy Sweet-Potato Soup Recipe ♥

I received so many requests for this recipe, so here it is...

It is officially Soup Weather!
The last 2 mornings I've woken up to a frigid 7 f. degrees and have craved nothing but hot soup. Yesterday I went to the store and bought ingredients to make at least 4 different types. Last night I started with a Sweet-Potato soup because I didn't have a lot of time. I was surprised when the family remarked on how tasty it was and that they couldn't believe it had such odd and simple ingredients.
It was Healthy and Delicious! Here's the recipe...
3-4 LBS. yams or sweet potatoes- sliced thin (the thinner the faster they will cook)
1 can coconut cream
2 Limes-(juice)
1 TBS. peanut butter
1 Lg onion or 2 small- chopped
2 TBS. coconut oil or cooking oil
4 TBS. powdered ginger or 3 TBS. fresh grated
6 cups water
2 veg. bouillon cubes (I use Rapunzel w/turmeric) optional
     or 1-2 tsp. turmeric instead
1TBS. Himalayan or sea salt (optional)
Saute onions in coconut oil then add all of the water and all of the ingredients except for the P.B. and lime.
allow soup to boil then simmer for 20-30 min the add P.B. and lime. Take off the heat and blend with an immersion blender or pour into blender, this will make the soup thick and creamy!
♥ GSM

*Recipe from my Facebook Page originally Posted on January 24th

 

12 comments:

  1. Green Smoothies. Check -> http://www.hetbesteafvaldieet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, it was great when I tried it… I totally agree! Completely delicious and tasty at all. Keep on offering excellent resources like you have been offering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally inspired, congratulations for doing best to keep things interesting. Learning many new topics from the blog, maybe keep an eye on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy a collection of matter you have discussed here. Totally inspired, appreciate your work for doing best to keep blog interesting. Keep on offering excellent resources. Thank you for sharing, just keep it up !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I caught this post, great tips. I like the way to post, It is a very effective article and easy to understand the things with your posts. Well done, Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally inspired, this is the right blog for anyone who craving to find out about this topic. You know, this post really got me thinking. That’s why I decided to respond in a post. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post!! It is a very effective article and easy to understand the things with your posts. Thanks, I appreciate it. Keep it up and all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have found this information to be extremely valuable which will definitely help others. Thanks for the article. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is awesome and helpful to every individual. Very informative blog information, I like this. Thanks for sharing such a good post, just keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://drinkgreensmoothies.blogspot.in/2010/05/my-thank-you-smoothie-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post!! It is a very effective article and easy to understand the things with your posts. Thanks, I appreciate it. Keep it up and all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Exciting post for me to come across on all top today. Everyone should check out this complete blog especially the components. Well, you deserve many thanks for sharing such information!

    ReplyDelete